Winners Announced in EWSU Student Artwork Contest
Evansville Water and Sewer Utility (EWSU) is pleased to announce the 12 top winners in the “How Much Do You Know About H2O” Student Artwork Contest. The Utility invited students from Lincoln School, Evansville Day School and Signature School to submit artwork depicting the importance of water in everyday life.
Twenty-five entries were submitted in the competition. The winners were determined through pubic online voting at (LINK) and by votes cast by a City of Evansville selection committee. The City’s picks will receive gift cards, and all 12 pieces of art will be featured on a water-themed calendar with water conservation tips and important utility reminders.
The 12 Top Winners Are:
- Norah Ahmed, Evansville Day School, $200 gift card
- Javeontae Howard, Lincoln School, $100 gift card
- Alex Williams, Lincoln School, $100 gift card
- Vania Lau, Signature School, $200 gift card
- Coltrane Domizio, Evansville Day School
- Elaina Staat, Evansville Day School
- Lillian Ellis, Signature School
- Jena Leisure, Evansville Day School
- Emily Naef, Evansville Day School
- Krissy Koch, Evansville Day School
- Natalie Vo, Signature School
- Trista Browning, Evansville Day School
Mayor Lloyd Winnecke selected Norah Ahmed as the winner of the Mayor’s Choice Award. A $300 gift card will be donated to the art department at Evansville Day School in her honor, and Norah’s artwork will also be featured as the calendar’s art cover.
“I was impressed by the quality of the artwork, which made picking a favorite more difficult,” Mayor Winnecke said. “To me, everyone who entered the competition is a winner because each student took time to express their thoughts about the importance of water through art in a way that we can all understand.”
Click here to view the artwork entries.