Leaks can have a major impact on your Utility bill. Most leaks, including those underground – like service pipe leaks, or leaks in crawl spaces or concrete floors – are the responsibility of the property owner or tenant to repair. After a plumber has repaired your leak, you may be eligible for a future adjustment in your bill.
Requesting a Leak Adjustment
- Complete and submit the leak adjustment form within 90 days of the bill in which the leak first appeared.
- Provide copies of receipts for plumbing supplies, your plumber’s invoice or photos of the repairs using any of these options:
- Upload your receipts, invoice, photos and/or documentation of the repairs at the bottom of the leak adjustment form. Please include the tracking number you receive after you complete the leak adjustment form.
- Drop them off at EWSU’s office in the Civic Center. Be sure to include your mailing address and the tracking number of the application.
- Or, mail them to: Evansville Water and Sewer Utility, P.O. Box 19, Evansville, IN 47740-0001.
- Adjustments are not made for vandalism or neglect.
- Other activities that increase your average water use, like filling a swimming pool, washing vehicles and watering sod, are not eligible.
- The meter at the property must not be accessed, tampered with, or turned on or off by anyone other than EWSU representatives.
- Only one adjustment per year per meter may be considered. Please see the Customer Rights and Responsibilities document for more details.